WATCH: 8×8 Back Blast
In the last video, I taught you how to work your shoulders and triceps. In this video, I am going to teach you how to pick up the gals you wouldn’t want to bring home to mom from biker bars.
Just kidding. We’re working on the upper back.
8×8 Back Blast
- 8×8 Lat Pull-Downs.
- 8×8 Steel Rows. It’s a great way to build the upper back while saving the lower back.
- 8×8 Straight Arm Rope Pull-Downs. It’s a great way to isolate the lats. Be sure to keep a tight strict form. Try not to raise your chest. Let your elbow go along with the movement instead of driving it. If you start feeling your triceps a ton, that’s a sign of a problem.
- 8×8 Sandbag Carries. 20 seconds of carrying and rest for 30 seconds. Repeat 8 times. If you’ve never carried a sandbag like that, it’s crazy. You’re going to feel all your muscles squeeze in a way you haven’t felt before, and you will feel it the next morning.
- 8×8 Single Arm Pulley Rows. If you don’t have a pulley, you can use dumbbells instead. Your rest is doing the other side, not a 30-second rest.
- 8×8 Neutral Grip Pull-Ups. If you’re unable to do that, try some Neutral Lat Pull-Downs or Band Assistance instead.
- 8×8 T-Bar Rows. Keep the form strict. Don’t be too jerky with the motion. You want to be fluid and feel the contractions in the muscle fibers. They key here is to build muscle, not weight.
Remember that proper execution and form are key… there’s no jerking it off here.