Former Commonwealth Games Judo representative, Duke Didier returned to action on the weekend and made quick work of his opponent at Capital Fight Show 17.
It was the only MMA bout on the boxing card which took place at The Hellenic Club in Canberra.
Didier hasn’t fought since December 2017 with injuries and event cancellations keeping him out of competition for most of 2018. He didn’t skip a beat with the light-heavyweight submitting veteran Jeffrey King in a 100kg catchweight bout.
Didier put an end to the contest in the first round with an Americana submission to take his record to 7-1.
The previously advertised MMA bout between Reza Almasi and Nathan Wilson was cancelled after Wilson was forced out due to an infection.
- Duke Didier def. Jeffrey King via Submission (Americana), Rd 1
- Sachin Mudaliar def. Ben Dencio via Decision (Split)
- Beau Hartas def. Mark Gadaleta via RTD, Rd 1
- Arsene Fosso def. Petero Qica via KO, Rd 1
- Abe Archibald def. Dillon Bargero via Decision (Unanimous)
- Alex Cooper def. Krishna Mudaliar via TKO, Rd 1
- Dylan Hadley def. William Mel via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jorge Kapeen def. John McLaughlan via Decision (Split)